Tourist Visa on Arrival
To visit Goa, a visitor will need to have a valid visa.
Indian Tourist Visa can be applied for in three categories – Visa on Arrival/ E-Visa/ Regular Visa
Tourist Visa on Arrival (Enabled by ETA)
Government of India has introduced TVoA enables by ETA to facilitate foreign travelers visiting India. This new TVoA is based on the Mission Mode Project – IVFRT which has the objective of facilitating legitimate travelers while strengthening security. Visa on Arrival is the most sought after way to tourists as they are not required to go through the tiresome process of visiting the embassy and then waiting for the approval.
Instructions for Tourist Visa on Arrival (Enabled by ETA)
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification.
- Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
- TVoA fee once submitted is non refundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.]
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports i.e. Bangalore,Chennai,Cochin,Delhi ,Goa, Hyderabad,Kolkata,Mumbai & Trivandrum .
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) once issued on arrival is non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visitingProtected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries:
|Brazil||Kenya||Niue Island||Solomon Islands|
|Finland||Mauritius||Papua New Guinea||USA|
|Indonesia||Micronesia||Republic of Korea||Vietnam|
Eligibility for Visa On Arrival
1. International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity.
3. International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
To apply for Visa On Arrival please click on the following link: Click Here
Tourist e-Visa Application
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. All Individual visa seekers are requested to apply for the Indian Visa through Online application link, in order to make an application for getting the Indian visa. The duly signed physical copy of the application form completed in all respect and submitted successfully, is to be submitted at the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to Indian Mission/Post, on the scheduled date of interview along with the requisite supporting documents. The instructions for filling the form and scheduling the appointment can be seen at Instructions for Online VisaApplication. Important technical information for filling online Indian visa application can be referred at Technical Instructions.
The applicants are also requested to visit website of the Indian Mission concerned for detailed information about Indian visa.
The documents along with an application form needs to be uploaded on the official website and the e-Visa would be delivered on your email within 96 hours. The payment can be electronically made via debit/credit card.
Applicants can process their Indian e-Visa in 4 easy steps:
1. Apply online: Upload photo and Passport Page
2. Pay Visa Fee online: Using Debit/Credit card
3. Receive ETA online: ETA will be sent to your e-mail
4. Fly to India: Print ETA and carry at the time of travel
To apply for e-Visa please click on the following link: Click Here
Documents required to be submitted online along with application for e-Visa & Visa on Arrival
1. Scanned First Page of Passport.
– Format -PDF
– Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
1. Format – JPEG
– Minimum 10 KB
– Maximum 1 MB
3. The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
4. Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
5. Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
6. Background should be plain light colored or white background.
7. No shadows on the face or on the background.
8. Without borders.
For countries that do not have Visa On Arrival facility can apply for a Regular Visa
Regular Tourist Visa Application
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online for the right category of visa based on the purpose of your visit (please refer to Documents and Forms). The website for filling up the online form is www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa. The online application can be filled at the Visa Application Centers as well.
Step 2: Please submit the completed application form at the nearest Visa Application Center with the following:
- Print out of the completed application form.
- Two photographs (4cm x 4cm), showing the face clearly, against a light background.
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of application and at least two blank pages.
- Supporting documents (please refer to Documents and Forms).
- Prescribed fees in cash (please refer to Documents and Forms).
Step 3: At the time the visa application is processed at the visa center, an email is sent to the applicant giving the Application Reference Number. Applicants can track their visa application through the website link – https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/VisaEnquiry.jsp You can also track the latest update by contacting the Visa Application Center.
Step 4: The visa application is processed at the Embassy within 4-5 working days. Once the Embassy of India processes the visa application for delivery, an e-mail is sent to the applicant requesting him or her to collect the passport from the Visa Application Centre.
Step 5: At the time of collection of passport, please carry the Invoice cum Receipt issued by the Visa Application Center. If a representative is designated to collect the passport, then the representative needs to produce an authorization letter signed by the applicant, Invoice cum Receipt and a photographic Identity card of the representative. Applicants should check their visa upon receipt and report any inaccuracies immediately.
Documents and Forms
Please note the following:
- The validity of the visa (e.g. 6 months, 1 year) begins from the date of issue and not from the date of travel.
- Change of visa category is not permitted after reaching India.
- All foreigners who intend to stay in India for more than 180 days continuously should register themselves with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) in India. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section for further details.
- Tourist Visa cannot be extended at all. Other categories of Visa holders seeking extension are advised to apply well in advance of the expiry of the visa at the FRRO.
- Passports can be collected from the Visa Application Center only and not from the Embassy.
- Visa fee is accepted only in cash and is not refundable. Visa fees vary according to nationality of the applicant. You can seek more information from the Visa Application Centers.
Visa Application Forms
Please click on the following link for the visa application form: www.indianvisaonline.gov.in